Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sandwich Generation


They say my husband and I are part of the sandwich generation which is people who are still caring for their children and have become caretakers to their parents, but that is not how this generation applies to me. How blessed Ray and I are that our children are all grown and independent and our parents still have their health and independence too!! I probably could write a book about my parents and still would come up with things I feel the need to share, there are so many memories. Describing them in one word: Constant. Constant in their faith, their love for us and most of all each other. My sister, Missy and I often joke how we had such a great up-bringing and were so smothered with love and security that we weren't prepared for the "real world" as adults. Such great examples they were - when life is tough - you get tougher!!! And there were no illusions, truth and honor and integrity and hard work is what God requires of us and so did Mom and Dad. Forgiveness was taught AND demonstrated in our home, an attitude of service and not selfishness will take you places in this world. Their love and devotion to each other for almost 50 years is a constant example to all. Our family has so much to be thankful for that it should far outweigh anything the future throws at us.

1 comment:

Holly C. said...

Awwwww-your mom and dad are so cute!

I've been blessed like this too:)

Post a Comment