Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Collections


Here is an interesting question - how many items does a collection make? I like to say I collect many things. But do I need five or ten items or can it be anything I am always looking to add to? Just for fun I cleaned off my small hutch and placed some bottles we have accumulated through the years on it. My hubby is always in the woods - digging ginseng, blue and black cohash, bloodroot, goldenseal etc and picking mushrooms so he runs across some interesting finds. Anyways here are some of the glass bottles he has found plus one hand blown favorite of mine.

2 comments:

Holly C. said...

I love your glass bottles! Your hutch is very pretty. I have collected some glass bottles too over the years. I especially love the colored glass.

I love that Ray forages for this wild stuff! I remember you talking about that one time. (Who woulda thunk it?) How did he get started doing this. Did he have to study about it. It's very interesting to me.

Sharon said...

He has spent lots of time with older people (he really loves talking to them and grasping whatever secrets of old they know and can share) and also he reads quite a bit - he even knows how to make some homemade remedies. Once he made cough drops for the kids when they all had colds.

Post a Comment