Friday, March 19, 2010

Extended Family


Wow, when I think of all the family we have been blessed with I am awestruck. We often joke about how difficult it was for our kids to find dates because they were related to everyone in town. And in the case of my 2 daughter-in-laws there are people they are related to twice now because of this, not by blood of course:) We have 8 nieces and nephews on hubby's side and 8 on mine. Over the last few years we have been blessed with great-nieces and great-nephews also. Until Grandma Doc passed away in 2006 my grandson Raymond had 14 living grandparents - amazing huh! And him and Max still have 13. My hubby was talking to an older friend the other day and he asked Ray how our kids seem to be so well rounded, and Ray told him because they have been exposed to so much- they have had grandparents and aunts and uncles and extended family beyond measure involved in their lives. All people of different occupations and interests who have shared their knowledge and experiences with them and taught them so much more than we could have on our own. What a blessing for them! This is a picture of my newest great-niece Addison Nicole who I had the privilege of babysitting this afternoon and she is only eight days old. I hope I can contribute to her life in the same way others blessed my own children.

1 comment:

Post a Comment