Friday, January 28, 2011

Winter Blues And The Hope of Spring


Here it is almost the end of January - will 2011 speed by as quickly as 2010? Seems to me like everyone I know has the "winter blues". Tired of the snow and the cold, still shell-shocked by the extra spending at Christmas and fighting the depressing things we hear on the news daily. I think everyone should take a breather and shut off the TV, internet and radio so we can refresh our minds with quiet. Take a snowcation, ask for an extra day off of work to relax and enjoy :)


Now the hope of spring - it will come as it always does. And with it the promise of new life and color and beauty!! I am ready to garden and camp and just be outdoors. We are already making plans with the grandkids for camping and adventure at Starberg. The picture is our cabin that we will be getting moved out there as soon as the weather permits. So between now and then we will continue to persevere and give thanks for our blessings - tomorrow we will celebrate Max's 3rd birthday (maybe the reason he was born in the middle of winter was to brighten it up) and Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I have just started a new bible study by Joanna Weaver and it is as amazing as the last one - puts my thinking into perspective and keeps me on track. Looking forward ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment