Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Blogging











I cannot believe that it has been so long since I posted here - I didn't know if I would be banned from blogging lol. I can't remember a summer quite like this one, so super busy at work and so much going on at home. Thank heavens we have our camp set up and can get away from it all once in a while! The highlight of summer so far would be my vacation with Ray, Sara and the grand kids - what a wonderful experience!! We went to Jacksonville, NC to spend a couple days with Adam and Salena then up to Kitty Hawk for a week at the Outer Banks. I have to tell you the trip started out very rocky, I even wondered if I was meant to go or not. To be away from work that long (ten days) I needed to have my computer to keep up with work and not fall too far behind, well the day we were to leave I went to turn my computer on to work while I was finishing packing and it would not turn on - unbelievable - that laptop had worked perfectly for 5 years and nothing, absolutely nothing!! So I make a phone call and head to Reynoldsville to get a company replacement. Well this set me back several hours and had me stressed out before we started. But I had a computer and off to Jacksonville we go. We arrived Thursday morning just as Adam is leaving for the base and the next 2 days between his job on base and school afterwards I hardly spent any time with him. I wasn't worried because him and Salena were coming to Kitty Hawk for the weekend and we would have some quality time together. Saturday when we left I rode with him and Lena and we get over halfway there and the Marines call him back to the base; they do not care that he has family from out of state to visit, he gets to go back while they do a drug check of the single soldiers barracks - how nice of them! So we pull over and they turn around (lots of frustration and tears) then we continue on to Kitty Hawk with heavy hearts :( After we arrive and get settled we all try and cheer up and enjoy and we are there less than 24 hours and Raymond slips at the pool and ends up with 6 stitches in his chin! Really wondering whether this vacation is a good thing or not - but after the stitches things calmed down and we were in vacation mode without any additional catastrophes. I loved up my little munchkins and had a fun time.

1 comment:

Holly C. said...

Oh my heavens! Glad things settled down after the six stitches. Your grandkids are so cute! Maggy is really growing fast. :)

Post a Comment