Monday, August 30, 2010

End of Summer .......







Well here we are at the end of summer, a new school year begins. We have so many nieces and nephews, friends kids and the oldest grandson starting school. What this means to me is the start of fall - my absolute FAVORITE time of year. Now if the weather starts cooperating and cools down just a smidgen I will be happy. I want to enjoy my flowers for a couple more weeks then I will be dragging out the fall decorations - I can't wait!! Busy week coming up and I am so looking forward to the Labor Day weekend. Adam and Salena will be here (unless the Marines pull something stupid) Hopefully we can spend most of it at camp. Then Sunday we are having Raymond's 7th birthday here. (How can I possibly have a grandchild this old??) The pics are from our weekend of work, we canned tomatoes, marinara sauce and froze corn. When I came home from work Friday night my hubby and oldest son had been shopping and there were 7 bushels of tomatoes and 4 bushels of corn on the porch - no such thing as a relaxing weekend around here. Tonight we are making home-made chili sauce.

1 comment:

Holly C. said...

Mmmmm-looks good! I made tomato juice for the first time ever last week. I just put it in the fridge-I didn't can it.

Hope you get to see Adam and Salena. I can't believe Ray will be seven either!

Post a Comment