Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flowers and The Back Porch


Love the sign?


Birthday present from Mom & Dad


Love my porch !


Container Garden planted by hubby (fake eggs in the nest)


All the way from Adam & Salena in NC

I am going to pretend that it is not rainy and dreary again this week .... and share my summer "retreat" with you all. That would be my back porch, I waited 25 years for this porch and it is my own special sanctuary. We live at the end on a lane so it is fairly private and weather permitting this is where I am all summer. We spend very little time indoors between the garden and the porch. I relax in a rocker to read, sit on the swing to watch the humming birds, or tinker at the table - I just love the fresh air and beauty of God's creation all around me. Everyone thinks I am crazy because I start my flowers so early, but I just can't get enough of them. We have an amazing emerald green hummingbird that we are trying very hard to get a picture of, it looks like something from the rain forest - the only problem is that he has been too fast for us so far. Watching the sun rise and set - waiting out storms and just enjoying the peace and quiet are so soothing and peaceful. Quiet time, that is what everyone needs, when you clear your head of the busyness and feel your heart quicken to the world around you and find an appreciation in your soul for the life you have been given. I hope you have your own "retreat" to enjoy this summer.

1 comment:

Holly C. said...

Beautiful flowers and I love your porch. (Wishing I had one, but I'll be okay!) I'm trying to get a good photo of a hummer too-I'm going to work on that today. It's a hard life I have!

Post a Comment